Actify is a global leader in delivering powerful, easy-to-use, affordable Product Data Intelligence solutions to the aerospace, automotive, industrial automation, and discrete manufacturing industries. Actify’s solution enables designers and knowledge workers alike to participate in product design and development activities, thereby lowering collaboration costs and improving manufacturing performance. Actify empowers a diverse audience of users by delivering a solution that does not require design expertise or costly CAD software and supports all major 3D & 2D CAD formats.
Actify has more than 1,000 customers and over 7,000 users (e.g., Boeing, General Electric, General Motors, Magna, Plantronics, and Lexmark) in a range of industries and reseller partners in more than 45 countries worldwide.
Actify has a culture of individual responsibility and initiative, and a high degree of teamwork. Members are frequently asked to contribute ideas and opinions outside their normal area of expertise to provide a broad range of input to key decisions. The kind of people we are looking for share these qualities:
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Energetic, organized, able to work with minimum supervision
- Intellectual honesty with respect
- Plays well with others
Actify Europe, Ltd is looking for a Customisation Engineer for our newly formed Customisation Team working on new solutions, and building on our existing solutions, in the Engineering, Product Design, and Manufacturing sectors.
As a Customisation Engineer, you will:
- Use your software engineering skills to implement custom solutions that satisfy and excite our customers.
- Develop a good understanding of our core products, and figure out ways that our customisation projects can build on top of them.
- Come up with good ideas to improve the core product, to make our custom projects even better, and provide a platform for future innovation.
The following attributes are essential:
- Fluid communicator, able to communicate effectively with field engineers, sales personnel, customers, and engineers alike.
- A pragmatic innovator with the technical ability and the confidence to tackle difficult issues.
- Uses a creative yet disciplined approach to solving problems, from nailing down user requirements to feature design and implementation.
Native or near-native proficiency in German is required
- Ability to write concise, maintainable code that meets user requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of common paradigms of software design.
- Good familiarity with fundamental data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of version control systems, in particular git, and team workflows.
We use a variety of tools and frameworks and all of the following are skills and competencies for a prospective candidate:
- Frameworks: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WebAPI, AngularJS (currently 1.5 but could be 2.x for new projects), WCF
- Databases: ArangoDB, AQL
Education & Experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or IT-related field.
- 3+ years software development experience.
- Any background in Business Intelligence systems, CAD systems or Engineering data management (ERP, PLM) would be a big plus.
This position will work full time in our office in Edinburgh, Scotland. Occasional international travel may be required.
In addition to competitive compensation packages Actify offers private medical coverage and pension contributions.